In 2022, Minneapolis was 60% white & 18% black. Official gun crime stats from the city indicate were the city without a black population, there’d be almost no gun crime. [City of Minneapolis: 2022 Gun Violence Overview, Minneapolis Government]
2022 Gun Violence Demographics
• 83% of shooting victims are Black.
• 89% of shooting suspects are described as Black in cases where suspect descriptions were provided.
• In 2021, there was 1 Black shooting victim for every 150 Black residents of Minneapolis.
• The metric for White residents was 1 Shooting victim for every 3,768 residents
• Black community members are disproportionately represented in shooting victim data
• 2/3 of our shooting victims are under the age of 31
18 do 89….
Imagine how little gun crime Minneapolis would have were the city all-white…